Thursday, September 3, 2009

Zain Bikha





believe it or not he was a pioneer in the Nasheed genre. i mean in the west.. When he started singing, Islamic songs were not being sung in English. I also loves his songs.
Zain’s songs are mainly self written or adapted from poems and traditional Arabic songs. His songs are driven by emotion and the need to reassure people that Islam is the answer of hope and the core for our everyday questions and confusion. Many of his songs represent different times in his life when he is learning and remembering how necessary Allah’s presence is. Zain’s songs provide young and old with an alternative to the modern music which often carries a destructive message. His music is Islamic propagation and encourages every Muslim to be proud to proclaim there faith. learn more about him here.
he has such great voice. listen to him...

Sabr and Shukr
(Zain Bikha )
There was so much on my mind in my bed I lay
I turned to my side and I heard a voice say
Stop all your whining, heart rates declining
You've got so much more than most
Look how you're sleeping, how much you've eaten
Don't you know that you're supposed to say

Chorus:
Sabr and Shukr are wonderful things
The praises to Allah we should always sing
when things go right it's from Him not me
And when they are wrong, we get through patiently

I got out of bed, began to walk
Bumped into some folks and we started to talk
Did you hear about the killing, the bloodshed the stealing
The grass got burned on the other side
Soldiers a coming, people a running
All that's left is the orphan child

Chorus
Bridge:
I opened my eyes and began to see
Everything that's happening around me
What seemed half empty now seems so full
There's no use crying over what's been spilled
While babies are dying, mothers are crying
Their containers have never even been filled

Chorus (Half)
Inn Allah ha, Ma As Saabireen

I opened my eyes, began to see
Everything that's happening around me
When i sad i listen to this song and it does soothening me.Sabr and Shukr are really wonderful things. becoz there's no use crying over what's been spilled. Live must go on.. wake up,bro!
La tahzan, innallaha ma'ana...Insya Allah.


0 comments: